Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday, December 2, 2011

Whew!  I just finished sorting my supplements for the next month.  I take the supplements for twenty-five days and then take a break for five days each month.  Twenty-five on, five off, twenty-five on, five off, etc.  The breaks allow the body to catch up with the toxic load resulting from physiological repair and rebuilding, and allows for faster healing. 
So, once a month, I prepare my supplements for the next few weeks.  The first time I did it, it took me eight hours.  The second time, it took me six hours and now, I’m down to a little over three and a half hours.  Of course, I have to deal with five and six year old daughters who want to “help”, so, that always makes it challenging.
The funny thing is that I was never a fan of taking supplements.  It seemed so unnatural.  I thought that we should be able to get all the necessary nutrients from our food. 
Well, Dr. Gonzalez agrees that taking supplements is unnatural.  After all, the cavemen never took supplements and they didn’t have heart disease, diabetes or cancer.  The difference, of course, is that the cavemen didn’t have to deal with pollution and factory farms.  Their meat wasn’t diseased and their food sources weren’t contaminated.  As each year passes, our food becomes more and more nutritionally deficient.  Even our organic produce has been washed in acid rain.  So, until the pollution clears up, Dr. Gonzalez’ patients will be required to take supplements to optimize their health.  I feel like this program is the opportunity of a life time to achieve optimal health and I am happy to oblige. 

No comments:

Post a Comment